This bass produces a thick rich sound reminiscent of a good vintage tone with a sweet rather than harsh high end; however, retaining the ability to cut through a mix. The addition of the very natural sounding preamp allows for variability towards more modern sounds.
The two separate volumes allow you to blend the two pickups in any amount of each, not limiting you to the fixed levels of a blend control. The passive tone control functions whether in passive or active mode enabling it to modify a different set of frequencies than the ones affected by the active tone controls.
• Body Shape: BSR
• Body Wood: Walnut core, Quilted Maple wings
• Finish: Semi-Gloss Poly-mix
• Neck Wood: 5-Piece Laminated Aged Hardrock Maple & Shedua with Graphite Inlaid Bars, Bookmatched Headstock Overlay matching the Body is included.
• Fingerboard Wood: Ebony with Mother of Pearl Top & Side Dots
• Neck Shape: Ken Smith Thin
• Fingerboard Radius: PLEK’d Compound
• Spacing: 19mm
• Scale Lenght: 34"
• Frets: 24 Medium Size Frets
• Nut: Bronze
• Neck Pickup: Smith Custom Bass Humbucking Soapbar Pickup
• Bridge Pickup: Smith Custom Bass Humbucking Soapbar Pickup
• Preamp: Ken Smith Internal 4-way adjustable frequency DIP Switches for each Band Including Series/Parallel Switches for each Pickup
• Tuning Machines: Ken Smith by Hipshot
• Bridge: Ken Smith Bridge
• Color: Gold